Salman Rushdiea is a Popular Novelist, he was born on 19 June 1947 in Mumbai, India. Salman is known as the author of the novel ‘Shalimar the Clown’.
His work has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize five times for the novels “Midnight’s Children”, “Shame”, “The Satanic Verses”, “The Moor’s Last Sigh”, and “Quichotte”. In 2008, The Times ranked him thirteenth on its list of the 50 greatest British writers since 1945.
Salman Rushdie Wiki, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Novel, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Income, Kids, Father, Biography, and More.
|Salman Bio in short|
|Real Name||Sir Ahmed Salman Rushdie|
|Date of Birth||19 June 1947|
|Age (as in 2022)||75|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, India|
|Height||Feet: 5 feet 10 inches
Centimeters: 177 CM
Meters: 1.77 M
|Weight||Approx 75 kg
|Education||Bachelor of Arts|
|Net worth (as in 2022)||$ 15 Million|
|Achievement||1) ‘Hutch Crossword Book Award’ for the novel ‘Shalimar the Clown’ (2005)
2) ‘Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award’ (2014)
3) ‘Swiss Freethinkers Award’ (2019)
|Zodiac sign / Star sign||Gemini|
Salman Rushdie Net Worth
According to Gmda.in, as of 2022, Salman Rushdie’s Net Worth is $ 15 Million.
|Salman Rushdie||Net Worth|
|Net Worth in 2022||$ 15 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$ 15 Million|
|In 2020 Net Worth||$ 12 Million|
|In 2019 Net Worth||$ 12 Million|
|Salary Monthly||$ 35000|
|Income Verified Status||Not Verified.|
Salman Family and Affairs/ Gf
|Current relation status||Under review|
|Father name||Under review|
|Mother name||Under review|
|Sister name||Under review|
|Brother name||Under review|
|Girlfriend name||Under review|
|Wife name||Clarissa Luard (first wife)
Marianne Wiggins (second wife)
Elizabeth West (third wife)
Padma Lakshmi (fourth wife)
|Daughter name||Under review|
|Son name||Under review|
- Salman came into the limelight when he was honored with ‘St. Louis Literary Award’ from the Saint Louis University Library Associates.
- He has helped many underprivileged childrens.
Salman Rushdie Awards and Achievement
- His novel ‘Shalimar the Clown’ received the prestigious ‘Hutch Crossword Book Award’ (2005).
- He was awarded the ‘Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award’ (2014).
- In 2019, he was honored with the ‘Swiss Freethinkers Award’.
Salman Rushdie Biography / Interesting Fact
- He is an Indian-born British-American novelist.
- He has worked as a copywriter for the advertising agency ‘Ogilvy & Mather’.
- Later he got to work with the musician ‘Ronnie Bond’.
- He wrote his first novel titled ‘Grimus’.
- In 1981, he wrote his second novel ‘Midnight’s Children’.
- He won the ‘Booker Prize’ for the novel ‘Midnight’s Children’.
- After the massive success of the novel ‘Midnight’s Children’, he wrote the third novel titled ‘Shame’.
- The novel ‘Shame’ won the best foreign book award.
- In 1987, he wrote a non-fiction book about Nicaragua called ‘The Jaguar Smile’.
- His most controversial work, The Satanic Verses, was published in 1988.
- In addition to books, he has published many short stories.
- He is the author of the novels like ‘The Enchantress of Florence’, ‘Luka and the Fire of Life’, and ‘The Golden House’.
- His novel ‘Shalimar the Clown’ was shortlisted for the ‘International Dublin Literary Award’.
- Rushdie was the President of the PEN American Center.
- He is the founder of the PEN World Voices Festival.
- He is a member of the advisory board of the organization “The Lunchbox Fund”.
- The organization provides daily meals to students of township schools in Soweto of South Africa.
- Rushdie was named distinguished writer in residence at the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute of New York University.
- He is also a member of the advisory board of the ‘Secular Coalition for America’.
- He was honored with “Golden PEN Award”.
- Rushdie is a fan of the English football club ‘Tottenham Hotspur’.
- He was honored for his Outstanding Lifetime Achievement in Cultural Humanism at Harvard University.
- Midnight’s Children
- The Satanic Verses
- The Moor’s Last Sigh
- The Ground Beneath Her Feet
- Shalimar the Clown
- The Enchantress of Florence
- Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights
- The Golden House
Favorites Actor, Actress, Food, Colour, Destination
- Under review
- Under review
- Home Food
- Under review
Who is Salman Rushdie?
Salman Rushdie is a Popular Novelist, from the United Kingdom. He is known as the author of the novels like ‘Midnight’s Children’, ‘Shalimar the Clown’, and ‘The Golden House’.
Which of his novels has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize?
“Midnight’s Children”, “Shame”, “The Satanic Verses”, “The Moor’s Last Sigh”, and “Quichotte”.